Flexibility. Training. Choices.
Whether looking for your first job, supplementing another job or making this your primary employment, WDSRA has what you are looking for. If you are enthusiastic, patient, caring, dedicated and like to enjoy what you do, we want YOU.
Become a part of the WDSRA team!
Highlights & Benefits
- Work fun and exciting programs.
- Choose programs that match your schedule, abilities and interests.
- WDSRA offers competitive wages.
- Everyone, regardless of experience, is encouraged to apply.
Examples of Seasonal Staff Positions
We are always looking for seasonal staff! WDSRA offers a variety of positions available:
- Seasonal Support Staff – work as an assistant in a group setting in program like bowling, arts & crafts, Special Olympics
- Seasonal Inclusion Support Staff – work as a 1:1 aide in Park District programs
- Summer Camp Counselor – Day camps run June-August
- Head Instructor/Driver – Leader and Instructor for group programs
- Rec & Roll Head Instructor – adult day program M-F 8:30am – 2:30pm
- Special Olympics Young Athletes Instructor – morning and afternoon sessions during school day
Examples of Specialty Staff
Do you have a talent to share? Examples of Specialty Staff we look for includes:
- Dance Instructors, Art Therapists/Instructors, Music Therapists, Musical Skills: Piano, Guitar, Voice/Singing Skills/Instructors, Drama Assistant
- Special Olympics Coaches (all sports), Swim Lesson Assistants & Team Instructors, Rhythmic Gymnastics Instructor
- Wheel Chair Basketball Coaches
- Softball Umpires and Volleyball, Soccer & Lacrosse Officials
FAQ & Additional Resources
Applicants must be 16 years or older to be eligible for seasonal work. Students under 16 years of age are encouraged to volunteer with parental approval. See Volunteer Opportunities.
The typical program season runs 6-12 weeks. We ask that you commit to the entire season. However there are also one-time events that you might be interested in.
Experience is a plus but not necessary. All seasonal staff are required to attend training.
You must provide your own transportation to and from work and be able to perform your job duties independently of others.
Our mass hiring is conducted during the months of March – May. However, do not get discouraged if you do not receive a call for an interview during these months. We will “spot hire” throughout the rest of the year based upon our current needs.
Yes. Summer is largest hiring period. Anyone interested in applying for summer day camp positions should have their applications in between January-May in order to be considered for our mass hiring months. Before March is best but we hire for summer through June.
Once you have filled out the Employment Application, you will receive an automated email response confirming we have received your online submission. Upon approval, you will receive a phone call or e-mail with further instructions.