WDSRA Disability Awareness & Community Education Program
Heighten your sensitivity to people with special needs. Through the WDSRA Disability Awareness programs hands-on activities you can begin to get a feel for what it feels like to have a disability. Programs are tailored to your group’s specific interests.
Who the Program is for:
Individuals, businesses, school groups, etc. in our 9 member districts.
Highlights/benefits of the Program:
Trainings can help you learn:
- How it may feel to have a disability
- How to interact with someone who has a disability
- How to reduce the fear of the unknown
- How to recognize a person’s abilities
- Proper terminology to use
Disability stations available include:
- Physical Disability
- Visual Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Intellectual Disability