Welcome to Virtual Recreation!
Everything you need to make virtual programs easy and fun!
We may be social distancing but we can still be together with Virtual Summer Programs! WDSRA programs are available via internet, phone and camp & activity boxes. From programs to special events and everything in between, we have got everything you need to create an amazing summer.
Important Dates–Virtual Summer Session 1*
- Virtual Summer Program Brochure: Online Wednesday 5/20
- Virtual Summer Dates for June: Monday 6/1-Friday 6/26 for now
- Registration Opens: Tuesday 5/26 @ 9am
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday 5/26 at 9am through Friday 5/29 at 5pm
*Please know that our goal is to be able to deliver in person programs as soon as physically possible. However, we are unsure when that will happen. For now, we are focused on giving you as many options as possible and have concentrated on the month of June. We will be evaluating July programming as soon as we know more.
Registration & Program Information
- New to online registration – You will need to set up a household account. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Forgot your username or password – Contact email@example.com.
- Mail in or paper registration – Simply fill out a WDSRA Registration Form. Forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to WDSRA, 116 N Schmale Rd., Carol Stream, IL 60188 Attn: Registration
- Payment is required at the time of registration.
- Program Information – Once registration is complete, you will receive an email with following information:
- Zoom meeting link
- NEW for summer – Phone-In Option
- Supply List – items needed for that program
- Staff contact – available to answer any questions regarding the program
- Camp/Activity Box – If you purchase a camp or activity box, you will receive program and Zoom information inside the box.
- Virtual Summer Program Brochure — Session 1 (June) – your guide to programs, special events and activity boxes
- Virtual Recreation Programming User Guide – to help navigate through all the virtual programming options.
- Additional Zoom tutorials– to help you learn more about Zoom
If you utilize inclusion services in park district programs, please access your park district’s website for program information.
Need more information? Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always reach us at 630.681.0962 or contact any of our full time staff listed on our staff directory here.
Resuming In-Person Programs
When will we be back to traditional in-person programs? We continue to monitor the decisions made by the State of Illinois as it affects our ability to reopen. At this time, we don’t have all the answers. We are trying to answer questions like: what will future programs look like, when will schools and park district facilities be open to host programs, can we hire and train staff quickly enough, and how can we provide safe programs for all involved.